Take part in the Forum
Guidelines for abstract submission
We have extended the deadline for abstract submission to 15 January 2021.
Please be noted that if your abstract fails to meet the guidelines, we may discard your submission without further notice.
For more information about publishing papers after the Forum, please see this page.
- Abstracts will only be accepted in the English language, and should be no less than 500 words in length.
- All submissions shall be made through the online form on the website of the Forum. If any difficulties are encountered, please contact the Secretariat via contact details here.
- A valid email address is required for submitting your abstracts, to which all correspondence regarding the submission will be made.
- An email confirmation will be sent to the provided email address immediately after submission. Please check if it has been blocked by your spam filter. If the confirmation is still not received, please contact the Secretariat via contact details here.
- No change could be made to the submitted abstracts after the submission system closes on 15 January 2021.
- The authors are required to indicate their preferred form of presentation during submission, which will be accommodated to the best if possible. If such preference could not be guaranteed, coordination with the author(s) will be made in advance.
- The submitted abstracts are reviewed immediately after each successful submission by our designated experts under the supervision of the academic committee. The process may vary in duration, but all decisions, either acceptance or rejection, will be made before 28 February 2021 and notified via emails to the provided email address.
- There is no maximum limit of submissions for an author or a group of authors, but one author could only be presenting a maximum of two works. At least one author must be registered before the start of the Forum to present their work in the agreed forms.
- The author(s) are solely and fully responsible for the content of the works, including but not limited to their originality and correctness; accepted abstracts will be reproduced as submitted, including possible errors.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in hard or digital forms under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 license.
Online participats only
General plan for offline participants
Discounted plan for students
- Early bird discounts (in blue color) end at 0:00 1 April, 2021 (GMT+8).
- Offline events are subject to changes under local disease control rules.
If you need a document with offical letterhead and stamps for registration (usually required by Chinese organisations), please switch to the Chinese version of this page.
Terms of Registration
To register for the International Forum on Water Security and Sustainability (hereinafter referred to as 'the Forum'), you are required to complete the registration process and pay all required registration fees (if any) prior to any deadlines described on the registration page. Event registrations are subject to availability and may close earlier than posted deadlines.
If the selected registration page states that registration fees or other fees are required, payment must be made as instructed by the page. The Organising Committee (hereinafter referred to as 'the OC') of the Forum reserves the right to cancel your registration without notice for failure to make payments in accordance with these Terms. The Forum and the OC is not responsible for any damages, direct or indirect, resulting from such cancellation.
Early bird discount is available before 00:00 April 1, 2021, GMT+8. Early bird registrations are payable online only.
Participants requiring a visa for entry to China are strongly advised to make their application in their home country at least one months before the intended date of travel. Please contact your nearest Chinese Embassy or Consulate or your travel agency for more information. Those who do not fly directly to China should note that you may need a transit visa for some countries in order to continue your travel to China. If a Letter of Invitation is needed for visa application, the OC can send this upon request after completion of registration and payment. The Letter of Invitation does not represent a commitment on the part of the OC to provide financial support.
There might be more restrictions by countries and regions for international travel because of the ongoing Covid pandemic. Participants are advised to check and comply with those rules themselves.
Cancellation and change
All cancellations and changes must be notified in writing to the Secretariat of the Forum. Please refer to the Secretariat page for details of contact information.
Assumption of Risk
You acknowledge and agree that your attendance and participation in the Forum is voluntary. You agree to assume the risks associated with attending and participating in the Forum to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
The Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the People’s Republic of China and the parties hereby consent to the jurisdiction of People’s Republic of China courts over all matters relating to these Terms.